Twenty Things About Christina Katz (AKA The Writer Mama):
1. Writer Mama lives in Oregon, in a beautiful, fertile valley and wishes she had more time to garden. Previously, she’s lived in MA, NH, IL, NM, CO, WA and for a short time in Bloise, France.
2. Writer Mama is married to Drama Guy, a high school theater teacher/director and a talented writer/actor/director.
3. Writer Mama’s world gravitates around Samantha Rose (The Poochie), who is, in her totally unbiased opinon, the most delightful poochie on the planet.
4. The Katz Menagerie, as Writer Mama thinks of her household, includes three cats (Mercury, Buddha, and Devo), two puppies (Daisy and Izzy or “Dizzy” together), and three fish (Raymond, Deborah, and Robert).
5. Writer Mama’s mama is Super-Mom, the greatest cook to ever live, keeper of a very orderly hearth in New Hampshire, and a former librarian.
6. Writer Mama’s dad is Tommy Tourguide, a former college fundraiser/corporate manager, who loves to trot the globe with Super-Mom.
8. Writer Mama’s younger brother is Tech-y Boy, who lives in New Hampshire where he designs logos.
9. Writer Mama shares the same tattoo design with five of her college rugby friends who are spread out across the U.S. (two lawyer mamas, one S.A.H.M. of four, one S.A.H.M./part-time pilates instructor, and an organic community-supported-agriculture mama).
10. Writer Mama keeps in touch with another S.A.H.M. who was her best friend in high school, Travel Lovin’ Mom, even though they live on opposite coasts.
11. One of Writer Mama’s early influences was Mompreneur Before-Her-Time, a single mom who lived up the street when she was growing up on Bittersweet Lane (yes, that’s the real name). M.B.H.T. raised four sweet sons, whom Writer Mama used to babysit and housekeep for (though it’s hard to tell when looking at her housekeeping today).
12. The person Writer Mama misses the most is Storytellin’ Granny, who helped her get hooked on the spinning of a good tale.
13. Writer Mama had a very spendy education, and feels blessed for it, but she finds that when it comes to learning, nothing beats a short, inexpensive class with someone who knows.
15. Writer Mama is a Mac-lovin’ Apple computer geek, although it’s taken her a long time to admit it. She loves the infinite blank slate of the Internet and isn’t afraid to use it.
16. One of Writer Mama’s favorite pleasures in life is sitting next to a window with a pad of paper in her lap and a pen in her hand. A cup of coffee or tea doesn’t hurt either.
17. Other fav pastimes include snuggling with Drama Guy and Poochie, taking family walks, collaging her journal covers, and decorating with lots of color but not much finesse. Writer Mama does not entertain because she doesn’t have the time nor the inclination to deep-clean her carpets.
18. The trees of New Hampshire were an important early influences on Writer Mama. She spent some of her childhood living as though in a Robert Frost poem and still loves trees just for being trees. Especially Redwood, Birch and Aspen.
19. Writer Mama is a member of the human race. Otherwise, she prefers to remain pretty much unaffiliated. Although she joins and recommends joining writing organizations that help Writer Mamas reach their goals.
Writer Mama would love to read 20 things about you. Kindly direct her in your comments.
To learn about Christina’s upcoming writing e-classes, please go to Writers on the Rise.