Well, I’m happy to report that Writer Mama has been featured in a couple of holiday gifts for writers lists, including:
The “Write Guide to Holiday Shopping” over at the Writer Inspired blog
And the Wow-WomenOnWriting Holiday Gift Guide (download the PDF when you click on the image)
A woman from overseas, who is not a mama, e-mailed me recently to say that she and a group of friends ordered a bundle of copies of Writer Mama so they could work through the exercises together in 2009. What a great idea!
If I were going to add to the holiday shopping list round up this year, I’d go for the practical stuff:
- Subscriptions to trade publications like Writer’s Digest, The Writer and Poet’s & Writers.
- Dues to a professional writing association.
- Books (like Writer Mama) that cover craft, selling, self-promotion and professional development basics. Other good ones to own (besides mine) include Ready, Aim, Specialize by Kelly James Enger and The Writer’s Digest Guide to Query Letters by Wendy Burt. And I hear this book called Get Known Before the Book Deal is decent too (wink!).
- And a great class, like those I offer or any referred by a friend who can vouch for the quality of the experience.
- For stocking stuffers I’m all about the fun stuff: coffee mugs, travel mugs, baseball caps, Life is Good t-shirts, bath and body products in the scent of your choice, and of course, gift cards for Starbucks, iTunes, and your favorite bookstore. Check out the options over at the Writer Mama Cafe Press shop.
If you need more ideas, hop on over to Debbie Ridpath Ohi’s list of holiday gifts for writers, which also offers more lists at the end. Check out her shop too, for wonderful cards and t-shirts.