The Giveaway starts at 12:01 a.m. on September 1, 2009 and runs through midnight on September 30, 2009, with at least one new prize each day (some days more than one!). Hope you can come on by. Please read these rules before you start participating:
1. You must comment to the post that describes the daily prize(s) you want to win, in order to be entered into the drawing for that day. No exceptions. Please be sure to comment to the correct post. The comment link is located just under the post title. Your comment will be posted after it is approved (usually within a few hours after you post…unless I am sleeping).
2. You may comment only once per day (and therefore be entered to win once per day). But you may comment every day, for sure. If you make a spelling or grammatical error in your post, just let it go. Don’t comment twice to correct it. Winners are selected by random drawing, so don’t worry. A typo will not eliminate you. 🙂
3. All comments must answer the question of the day, which will be posted each day with the giveaway item(s). In other words, no drive-by commenting. As a writing instructor, I can not resist this “teaching opportunity,” so all questions will relate to discovering more about ourselves as writers. Answering the questions will only take a few moments out of your busy day, so thanks for being thoughtful. Your post must be between 50-200 words or it will not be approved. (Use Word Count in Microsoft Word if you want to be sure you have enough words.)
4. Comment to win beginning on September 1st at 00:01 a.m. PST and continue to comment each day for 30 days for maximum chances to win. Each day’s drawing closes at midnight (12:00) PST. The winner is chosen by random drawing the next day. There is no set time for the drawing, as I’m here, I’m there, I’m everywhere. So, stay tuned! I’ll try to get it up by noon PST whenever possible.
5. Please allow 1-2 months for delivery of your item. Some items shipped directly from the author, some are shipped from elsewhere, some are shipped from the publisher (so please be patient). Prizes will only be shipped to United States locations. You may participate if you live abroad and have your own US mailing address. And yes, sure, if you have a friend who loves you so much that he/she is willing to ship your books from the US to you elsewhere in the world, that is fine.
6. There are two (2) ways to win:
a. WIN THE DAILY PRIZE (OR PRIZES!): You may be selected as the day’s winner through a random drawing held from the pool of folks who comment for the listed items each day during September. Only posts that answer the day’s question will be considered. Your post must be between 50-200 words or it will not be part of those in the running to win.
b. INSPIRE AND ENCOURAGE FELLOW WRITER MAMAS: You can be selected as one of three most inspirational contest participants for the month by sharing your writing and publishing success stories and tips in your comments. So go ahead, inspire us with your posts! The three most frequently inspiring writers selected on October 1st will each win signed copies of Get Known Before the Book Deal, Use Your Personal Strengths to Grow an Author Platform and Writer Mama, How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids. (You do not need to be a writer mama to win, though it’s a good idea to remember that you are writing for an audience of writer mamas.)
Thanks for spreading the word about The Writer Mama Back-to-School Giveaway! If it’s anything like last year, it’s going to be a ton of fun!