Welcome to day ten of the Writer Mama Back-to-School Giveaway! Today’s giveaway is a one-year subscription to WritersMarket.com.
All writers need great tools and WritersMarket.com is the one tool you need to help market your work, get it published, and get paid!
For more than 90 years, writers have trusted Writer’s Market to help them publish what they write. With WritersMarket.com, you get the power of experience combined with the tools you need to advance your writing career! Plus, with new genre-only subscriptions, WritersMarket.com is truly your customized personal assistant to get published.
- The Most Up-to-Date Listings: Our database of more than 6,000 market listings and contact names is updated every business day by the Writer’s Market team of experts.
- Powerful Search Functionality: Improved search feature helps you target market listings by unique characteristics.
- Bookmark Organization: Listings can be marked as Favorites and organized in Folders for easy retrieval later.
- Reminder Program: Reminders can be set at appropriate intervals to help you follow up on key manuscript submissions.
- Other Stored Data: Information regarding specific manuscripts and submission attempts can be stored and used to track communications with potential buyers.
- Agent Q&A: Industry pros answer select subscriber questions.
- Rate Chart: Calculate how much to charge for your work using this handy chart.
- Article Archive: Search by keyword or category for writing advice from top editors, agents and writers.
- Industry News: Daily postings of news of editor hirings and firings, new magazines to be launched (or folding), and what’s new in the world of digital publishing and freelancer rights.
If you are new to the giveaway, please read “Da Rules.”
Today’s question is…
(Note: Be 100% honest. Please do not plug your own or someone else’s product/guide.)
Where do you find markets to submit to? Which market guides or resources do you use? Do you trust online resources, print market guides, or your own research? What’s the most important quality to you in a market guide? Most importantly, when you get published, which market resource would you want to thank most?
Give me the goods in 50-200 words, please. 🙂
Before you go! WE HAVE A CAUSE TO RAISE MONEY FOR THIS YEAR! Please read the story about the Applin family here and consider making a small contribution at some point during the giveaway. We’re aiming for $100/day collectively. Please help us help the Applin family adopt two beautiful children from Russia. 🙂